Mission: Kreider Alliance provides advocacy, education and support to individuals with disabilities in northern Illinois and is one of Kreider Service’s partner organizations.
In 1952, the organization that would become Kreider Alliance was started by a group of parents that did not want to place their children in an institution. It was a simple classroom of 4 students and one teacher. Today, Kreider Alliance supports programs of Kreider Services, who serves over 600 people with developmental and intellectual disabilities in northern Illinois. Kreider Alliance is a 501-C not-for-profit organization. Kreider Alliance is located in Dixon, IL. and a past member of the ARC of Illinois and ARC of the United States.
Your Membership Matters Because it allows us to:
- Provide support to people with disabilities, their parents and families.
- Support fundraising events to help maintain facilities and activities for Kreider Services andFlorissa, the children’s division.
- Provide trainings to educate the public, professionals, teachers, parents and guardians.
- Nurture future professionals in the Human Services fields by offering scholarships to local college students.
- Work with key stakeholders and legislators to protect rights and improve services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Grow the abilities in everyone … working hard for INCLUSION in our schools, churches, civic organizations, neighborhoods and employment.
2019- 2020 Board of Directors
Betsy Adams, President
Steve Becker, First Vice-President
Steve Bieser, Second Vice-President
Nancy Grygiel, Secretary
Georgann McBride, Treasurer
Board Members: Vicki Cover, Tom Dziuban, Jana Halfacre, Dr. John Strom, Mary Huffman, Pam McCracken, Paula Eubanks, and Diana Westart
2019 Kreider Alliance Activities:
- March – National Disabilities Month, Sabbath Sunday
- March – May, Annual Membership Drive
- March 15 – Scholarship Applications Due
- April – National Autism Month
- April 2 – Culver’s 10% Back Night in Dixon, IL
- April 4 & 5 – Training on Executive Functioning with Dr. Joyce Cooper-Kahn at SVCC
- May 4 – Florissa 5K and Family Fun Walk
- June 3 – Annual Meeting and announcement of 2019 Scholarship Winners
- September 17 – 67th Aniversary
Kreider Alliance has over 200 members. The annual membership fee is $25 individual, $15 Seniors, First time members, $15, Family $35, Patron or business membership $100