Mission: Kreider Alliance provides advocacy, education and support to individuals with disabilities in northern Illinois and is one of Kreider Service’s partner organizations.
In 1952, the organization that would become Kreider Alliance was started by a group of parents that did not want to place their children in an institution. It was a simple classroom of 4 students and one teacher. Today, Kreider Alliance supports programs of Kreider Services, who serves over 600 people with developmental and intellectual disabilities in northern Illinois. Kreider Alliance is a 501-C not-for-profit organization. Kreider Alliance is located in Dixon, IL. and a past member of the ARC of Illinois and ARC of the United States.
Your Membership Matters Because it allows us to:
- Provide support to people with disabilities, their parents and families.
- Support fundraising events to help maintain facilities and activities for Kreider Services andFlorissa, the children’s division.
- Provide trainings to educate the public, professionals, teachers, parents and guardians.
- Nurture future professionals in the Human Services fields by offering scholarships to local college students.
- Work with key stakeholders and legislators to protect rights and improve services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Grow the abilities in everyone … working hard for INCLUSION in our schools, churches, civic organizations, neighborhoods and employment.
2021- 2022 Board of Directors
Betsy Adams, President
Steve Bieser, First Vice-President
Nancy Grygiel, Secretary
Georgann McBride, Treasurer
Board Members: Vicki Cover, Tom Dziuban, Jana Halfacre, Dr. John Strom, Mary Huffman, Pam McCracken, Paula Eubanks, and Diana Westart
Applications for the 2022 Kreider Alliance Scholarships are now being accepted. To be eligible, applicants must be a Lee County resident or attending High School in Lee County and planning on going into a Human Services field: OT, PT, SP, Nursing, Psychology, Therapeutic Recreation, Social Work, Early Childhood or Special Education.
Applications are due on or before March 15, 2020. Up to 5 scholarships of up to $1000 each will be awarded.
Applications can be downloaded or are available at Kreider Services, 500 Anchor Road Dixon, IL (815) 288-6691.
Kreider Alliance has over 200 members. The annual membership fee is $25 individual, $15 Seniors (65 & Older), First time members, $15, Family $35, Patron or business membership $100
>> 2021-2022 KSI Alliance Membership Brochure
Kreider Aliance, 500 Anchor Rd. Dixon, Il (815) 288-6691, Ext 280, Sue Ely or Betsy Adams.